Apply to work with us today!
AMITE RURAL HEALTH CLINIC RN
Provides patient care by conducting patient assessments,administering treatment and medications, performing diagnostic tests, andarranging patient follow-up. Records medical history and symptoms, completingdocumentation in the medical record. Coordinates patient care, acting as aliaison with other organizations. Provides patient education before and afterprocedures, use of medical devices and equipment, and prescriptions.
Job Duties Include:
- Provides complete patient assessment, including vital signs and pre-examination procedures. Gathers and assesses objective and subjective data from the patient.
- Documents data and assessments in the patient record. May use a computer system and information technology to ensure standard documentation, coding, and completion.
- Assists the providers in all aspects of the consultation, treatment, procedures, and follow-up care.
- Executing medical regimens and nursing interventions as appropriate for the setting and their competency.
- Patient health counseling and instruction, including meeting with families and caregivers.
- Medication reconciliation, management, patient compliance, inventory, education.
- Operating medical equipment.
- Maintaining medical supplies, inventory, and disposal.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with OSHA guidelines, HIPAA medical privacy guidelines.
- The position may include triage of calls for urgent appointments, referrals for patient consults and testing, and documentation.
- May use general office skills including keyboarding, office computer software, filing, answering telephones, email, faxing, copying.
- Excellent customer service skills are needed for interacting with patients, families, and caregivers.
· 2 year clinical experience
· Pediatric nursing experience preferred
· Knowledge of Louisiana State Immunizationrequirements
· BLS, ACLS, PALS certification
Medicine Unit RN
An RN is responsible and accountable for performing direct and indirect patient care according to the standards set forth by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing (LSBN) and the facility policy and procedures. The RN exhibits a professional appearance and manner while carrying out duties; is responsible for maintaining knowledge of facility policies and procedures to effectively lead the patient care team in providing quality, compassionate care; ensures team follows facility policies and procedures; makes staffing and team assignments; ensures physician orders are accurately carried out by the team in a timely manner; utilizes effective problem-solving and conflict resolution skills with staff, patients, families, and the public; ensures that each discipline provides patient care in a timely, manner; Communicates with physicians and team members about changes in patients’ clinical condition, including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology; is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in patient condition or response to treatment; responsible for reporting any breaches in the hospital policy and procedures, as well as employee conduct as defined in the hospital policy and procedures and employee handbook to nursing administration; assists in the annual performance evaluations for staff; is accountable for supervised staff.
RN's do require ACLS and ability to obtain PALS within 6 months.
Medicine Unit LPN
An LPN is a valuable member of the patient care team. An LPN provides direct and indirect patient care which meets the psychosocial, physical and general needs of the patient. Meets the communication needs of patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a registered nurse. Knowledgeable of regulatory agency requirements, nursing and hospital policies, procedures and standards. Communicates with physicians and team members about changes in patients’ clinical condition, including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology; is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. Provides care with ethical integrity in a compassionate, empathetic manner.
Candy Striper Volunteer Program
We are looking for a few good volunteers that can donate 4 hours of their time a week. If you are interested in assisting in activities with our patients, transporting, and simply want to be in the hospital environment the Candy Striper program may be for you. The schedule is flexible. Male or female welcomed. Please contact the Director of Nurses, Fran St. Pierre.