AMITE RURAL HEALTH CLINIC RN
Provides patient care by conducting patient assessments,administering treatment and medications, performing diagnostic tests, andarranging patient follow-up. Records medical history and symptoms, completingdocumentation in the medical record. Coordinates patient care, acting as aliaison with other organizations. Provides patient education before and afterprocedures, use of medical devices and equipment, and prescriptions.
Job Duties Include:
- Provides complete patient assessment, including vital signs and pre-examination procedures. Gathers and assesses objective and subjective data from the patient.
- Documents data and assessments in the patient record. May use a computer system and information technology to ensure standard documentation, coding, and completion.
- Assists the providers in all aspects of the consultation, treatment, procedures, and follow-up care.
- Executing medical regimens and nursing interventions as appropriate for the setting and their competency.
- Patient health counseling and instruction, including meeting with families and caregivers.
- Medication reconciliation, management, patient compliance, inventory, education.
- Operating medical equipment.
- Maintaining medical supplies, inventory, and disposal.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with OSHA guidelines, HIPAA medical privacy guidelines.
- The position may include triage of calls for urgent appointments, referrals for patient consults and testing, and documentation.
- May use general office skills including keyboarding, office computer software, filing, answering telephones, email, faxing, copying.
- Excellent customer service skills are needed for interacting with patients, families, and caregivers.
· 2 year clinical experience
· Pediatric nursing experience preferred
· Knowledge of Louisiana State Immunizationrequirements
· BLS, ACLS, PALS certification